Registered Pharmacist – yYoung Medical Clinic Pharmacy
Currently seeking a Full-time Pharmacy Manager that is self-motivated, dependable, empathetic and detail oriented. The ideal candidate is someone who is committed and enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of others. We pride ourselves in offering a flexible, supportive and friendly work environment dedicated to helping you succeed.
At yYoung, we care about your health & wellness.
With 2 locations in central Vancouver, we offer a wide variety of services which includes chronic condition management, customized compliance packaging solutions, and naturopathic remedies. We also offer an integrated clinic, enabling physician-pharmacist collaboration on your health.
This position is for our Main street location pharmacy. In your position as a Pharmacy Manager, you will be reporting to our Pharmacy Director and working cooperatively with other staff.
- Overseeing store operations
- Accepting prescriptions or refill requests and ensuring that they are dispensed accurately and effectively
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records
- Providing consultation on medication information and advice
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines and medications
- Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products
- Compliance with all Federal & Provincial legislation
- Good working knowledge of BC Pharmacare and Third Party billing policies, including follow up and collection.
- Locating merchandise on the sales floor and advising customers on the selection of medication brands, medical devices, and health-care supplies
- Increasing over the counter sales and working in collaboration with our Purchasing Manager; Natural Products Advisor; Registered Holistic Nutritionist
- Scheduling staff; ensuring correct hours of work is documented
- Doctor of Pharmacy preferred; minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy and Pharmacist License is required; must be in good standing with the BC College of Pharmacists
- Current or prior experience as a Clinical Consultant Pharmacist or Operational Pharmacist in Long Term Care/Assisted Living/Retirement Homes is required (Pharmacists from hospital environments are also very welcome to apply)
- Injection Certification; Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP) Certification is an asset
- Current First Aid
- Available to work 5 days a week; shared rotation of an after-hours phone line may be required in the future
If Interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you in advance for your application, only selected candidates will be contacted.