Registered Pharmacist – yYoung Medical Clinic Pharmacy
Currently seeking a Full-time Pharmacy Manager that is self-motivated, dependable, empathetic and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate is someone who is committed and enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of others. We pride ourselves in offering a flexible, supportive and friendly work environment dedicated to helping you succeed.
At yYoung, we care about your health & wellness.
With 2 locations in central Vancouver, we offer a wide variety of services which includes chronic condition management, customized compliance packaging solutions and naturopathic remedies. We also offer an integrated clinic which enables physician-pharmacist collaboration.
This position is for our Main street location pharmacy.
- Self-motivated, dependable, empathetic and detail-oriented
- Actively listens to colleagues and patients to provide the best service
- Perseveres in the face of setbacks and challenges
- Able to delegate tasks and promote excitement around goals to get team members engaged and feel empowered
- Willingness to learn, develop new skills and be open to new ideas
- Passionate about the community and reaching out to help develop new opportunities for our Pharmacy
We pride ourselves in offering a flexible, supportive and friendly work environment dedicated to helping you succeed.
- Overseeing store operations
- Accepting prescriptions or refill requests and ensuring that they are dispensed accurately and effectively
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records
- Providing consultation on medication information and advice
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines and medications
- Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products
- Compliance with all Federal & Provincial legislation
- Good working knowledge of BC Pharmacare and Third Party billing policies, including follow up and collection.
- Locating merchandise on the sales floor and advising customers on the selection of medication brands, medical devices, and health-care supplies
- Increasing over the counter sales and working in collaboration with our Purchasing Manager; Natural Products Advisor; Registered Holistic Nutritionist
- Scheduling staff; ensuring correct hours of work documented
- Doctor of Pharmacy preferred; minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy and Pharmacist License is required; must be in good standing with the BC College of Pharmacists
- Current or prior experience as a Clinical Consultant Pharmacist or Operational Pharmacist in Long Term Care/Assisted Living/Retirement Homes is required (Pharmacists from hospital environments are also very welcome to apply)
- Injection Certification; Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP) Certification is an asset
- Current First Aid
- Available to work 5 days a week; shared rotation of an after-hours phone line may be required in the future
Skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with Telus rx-a is an asset
- Support initiatives for the future by thinking outside the box
- Excellent time management capabilities, organization and flexibility
- Fluent in English with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits a professional image, mature communication style, and proper phone etiquette
If Interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Kathy at email@example.com.
We thank you in advance for your application, only selected candidates will be contacted.