Registered Pharmacists – Correctional Services Canada (Pacific Region)
Anticipatory Hiring for June 2020
We have a rare opportunity for two new UBC graduates (2020) to assist in working in an exciting and rapidly expanding clinical pharmacy program in Correctional Services Canada – Pacific Region.
You would be joining an already establish and robust clinical program that is the best in a corrections setting in Canada. By far the broadest and most comprehensive clinical program in place currently.
The pharmacy is CCHA accredited hospital pharmacy. It is located in Abbotsford, BC just 50 minutes from Vancouver.
This position will fully utilize all aspects of the pharmacist clinical role in patient care. The position is 100% clinical. There will be no dispensary work involved. You will be exposed to a very broad spectrum of treatment modalities unlike any pharmacy practice in community or any hospital practice. The pharmacy clinical services cover 9 very different and unique federal institutions with its own unique patient population. We offer a competitive salary package, including full health benefits coverage. This is a full-time federal government clinical pharmacist position.
- Pharmacist-patient consult clinics
- Pharmacist drug education sessions to allied health care professionals and operations staff
- Hospital bedside rounds at our Medical Hospital, Psychiatric Hospital and Psycho-Geriatric Unit
- Work in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other health care providers to develop and discuss therapeutic plans
- Involvement with Drug Utilization Reviews, Continuity of Drug Care upon intake, and Discharge Medication Reviews for out-patients
- Involvement with our Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Program
- Participate on Health/Pharmacy Education Fairs
- Participate on the Regional Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee on clinical matters
- Participate on the Patient Safety Events Committee
- Involvement with Accreditation and Medication Management activities
- Involvement in both Regional and National Pharmacy Clinical activities
Hours of work: 0745-1545
Days of work: Mondays to Friday, closed weekends and stat holidays
Rate: $52.60 / hour
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV to: email@example.com
We regret we will not reply to all applicants. Only those chosen for subsequent interviews will be contacted. Please no follow-up emails.