Pharmacy Assistant – Providence Health Care
Providence Health Care’s Crosstown Pharmacy is in need of casual pharmacy assistants. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team with the main focus being on supporting the most vulnerable in our community! Crosstown Clinic is one of the only clinics in North America to offer medical-grade injectable heroin (diacetylmorphine) and hydromorphone within a supervised clinical setting to chronic substance use patients. This unique pharmacy provides comprehensive ambulatory/outpatient pharmacy services to approximately 150 clients, including sterile compounding of syringes in a fully NAPRA-compliant cleanroom.
Located at West Hastings and Abbott Street in Vancouver (within easy walking distance of Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain Station), Crosstown’s interdisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, pharmacy staff, social workers, and addictions counsellors work collaboratively to provide respectful, non-judgemental and diversified care. If you are passionate about creating opportunities for care and advocacy to improve the lives of our clients experiencing complex health and social challenges, this is the place for you.
- Hourly rate of $25.28/hour
- Shifts available 7 days/week, with a particular need for weekend help
- Weekday/stat hours are 7 am – 3 pm or 8 am – 4 pm
- Weekend hours are 8 am – 4 pm
- Preparing daily and weekly medications for the pharmacy to dispense to clients
- Preparing SROM in blister packs for the nursing staff to dispense daily
- Managing inventory: ordering medications as needed from the supplier
- Managing narcotic inventory: doing daily counts of fast-moving narcotics/controlled medications to ensure narcotic inventory is accurate
Apply at: https://careers.fraserhealth.ca/search-jobs/posting-details/?posting=1063481E (note, this link is for a different site, but contact Aylar or Annie and we will move your application over to Crosstown!).