Injection Pharmacy Student / Intern – Costco Pharmacy
Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. operates just over 100 warehouses in 9 Canadian provinces. We currently have just over 80 pharmacies in English Canada, including three central fill pharmacies and have plans for continued growth and expansion. Pharmacies located in Quebec Costco Wholesale locations are independently owned and operated.
To continually provide our members with quality goods and services at the lowest possible prices. In order to achieve our mission we will conduct our business with the following Code of Ethics in mind:
- Obey the law.
- Take care of our members.
- Take care of our employees.
- Respect our suppliers.
If we do these four things properly, and in this order, then we will accomplish what every corporation has a responsibility to accomplish, which is to
5. Reward our shareholders.
Our pharmacies offer a professional working environment, with a generous staff complement, Kroll operating system, private and semi-private counselling areas, and access to a multitude of on-line resources. We support the health and wellbeing of our patients through the delivery of annual flu clinics and a variety of health promotion clinics throughout the year. This can be a part-time or fulltime opportunity depending on your local Costco Pharmacies needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities described below are commensurate with the training already received in the pharmacy program.
- The primary responsibility of the student is to be a major contributor to our flu shot clinics this fall through the direct injection of pre-screened eligible patients in our pharmacies.
***MUST be trained on performing injections and be certified to do this by their provincial College***
Other tasks if required:
- Assist the pharmacy team in drug distribution as necessary
- Comply with provincial regulations regarding the role of the pharmacy student, but participate more fully in direct patient care
- Learn how to address common problems or issues that arise from customers and participate more fully in implementing the solutions
- Communicate with patients regarding OTC products and know when to refer to the pharmacist
- Conducting a proper patient dialogue on Rx
- Communicating appropriately with other health care professionals
Commensurate with grade level and is $20/h, $22/h, $25/h for 3rd and 4th year students and interns respectively.
You are energetic and friendly with a desire to use your knowledge and skills in the delivery of pharmacy services to patients (within the boundaries of your training). You demonstrate exemplary communication skills and are comfortable speaking to a group or one on one. You must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org