Community Staff Pharmacist – Central Drugs
WHY Central Drugs?
The main purpose of the organization is to provide Customer Care to all of our patients and customers. If you are looking for an organization that cares about and goes the extra mile for their customers, then Central Drugs is the place for you. Personalized healthcare is a priority for all of our staff, including our Pharmacists. The organization is locally owned and takes pride in being part of the community in Nanaimo.
Central Drugs is looking to hire a Pharmacist to join our team!
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff, & management
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to relate to all levels of customers and their needs
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player and have a team approach
- Self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm
- Community pharmacy experience
- Basic Kroll and computer skills
Job Type: Permanent Part Time or Full-time
Experience: 2-3 years as a practicing Pharmacist (preferred). Methadone maintenance training, injection certification, and medication review experience would be considered an asset
Language: English (Required)
Full-time work is determined as 5 days per week, including weekends (minimal). No evenings.
Part-time work is determined as 2-3 days per week, including weekends(minimal). No evenings.
Central Drugs offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits program, employee discounts, access to a confidential counselling program, and in-house training and development.
- Provide exceptional customer care services that meet and exceed the Standards of Practice.
- Receive, prepare, and deliver prescriptions accurately and in a timely fashion to customers.
- Provide counselling to customers on prescriptions, OTC products, new/additional medications, and all health-related issues.
- Ensure all privacy requirements are met, including customer confidentiality and consent management.
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions dispensed while providing a positive resolution to patient’s needs and doctor’s requests/issues.
- Maintain all records required in accordance with Legislation, Standards of Practice, and Policy, i.e. customer records, narcotic and controlled drug records.
- Monitors and supervise activities of Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventory of medications.
Central Drugs is an equal opportunities employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.