Part-Time Pharmacy Intern – GenXys
GenXys is a health-tech company revolutionizing and transforming the way medications are chosen and prescribed from a centuries old ‘trial and error’ approach to one of personalization and precision. We offer the world’s most comprehensive precision prescribing software solutions solving healthcare’s most pressing challenges. Every GenXys employee contributes to our vision: to have every prescription, globally, powered by our software.
We are expanding our therapeutic algorithm development team and are looking for a highly motivated student who is interested in working in a research capacity in order to contribute to the development and refinement of our medication decision support software. We have a fantastic intern program and treat our student interns as if they were full time members for our team!
If you want to make a real difference in the world and be part of an exciting and high growth company in a fast- paced and evolving industry, then you might just be the intern we’re looking for.
Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Medication Research – Using Canadian and US databases to access drug information resources, extract key information, and document & reference this information in a standard format.
- Market Research – Researching and documenting market needs, gaps, and requirements in order to ensure the GenXys software products are offering innovative and useful clinical solutions for individual health care providers and larger health organizations.
- Quality Assurance – Assisting the algorithm development team in performing quality assurance testing of the GenXys software products.
- Strong & effective communicator
- Experience in critical appraisal of scientific literature
- Proficient in research methods and use of drug information resources
- Experience with EndNote is an asset
About the Internship
This internship is a part-time position (5-10 hours per week) that will run until the end of April 2021 with the opportunity to transition into a full-time intern position for May-August 2021 (with flexibility for summer clerkship). All work can currently be done remotely. GenXys has significant experience in providing an environment for interns to learn, develop skills, be mentored, and work in a diverse and engaging culture. We offer something every student wants to put on their LinkedIn profile.
The intern will help the algorithm development team to develop content and update the medication decision support software to enable health care professionals to easily integrate precision prescribing and medication management into their clinical practice. In a highly competitive marketplace with rapidly shifting technological capabilities, a growing body of research on pharmacogenetics, and increasing coverage of genetic testing by insurance companies, improving and refining our software is essential to maintaining our leadership position.
If you want to make a difference, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org