Overview of the Club
UBC Pharmacy Women’s Health Club (PWHC) is aimed at promoting student pharmacists as advocates for women’s health. As the scope of pharmacists continues to expand, it is critical to have practice ready for pharmacists who are able to provide women with care that is catered to their needs and preferences. The club will host various events throughout the academic year to highlight Women in Pharmacy including patient journeys, women in leadership roles as well as local organizations aimed to improve outcomes for women’s health. In doing so, the student body will be more prepared to provide optimal care for patients during their rotations as well as future practice.
Highlights or Club Initiatives
- Local community women’s health organizations
- Lunch and learn with pharmacist speakers
- Patient journey highlights
- Social media campaigns
- Networking and outreach events
Benefits of Being a Member
- Opportunity to gain networking experience
- Collaboration with students from PY1-PY3
- Gain leadership skills (i.e., teamwork, communication)
- Utilizing skills gained from club to future placements and workplace opportunities
- Fostering a safe environment catered towards women’s health
How to Be a Member
All E2P-PharmD students are welcome to join the UBC Pharmacy Women’s Health Club free of cost! Send us an email at email@example.com if you are interested in being a general member.