Overview of the Club
PITECH was co-founded by a group of PharmD students with the vision of introducing students to careers in industrial pharmacy and raising awareness about the role of technology in pharmacy. Specifically, we aim to create mentorship, internship, research, and networking opportunities for PharmD students in the industrial pharmacy and health technology fields. By offering PharmD students an avenue for creativity and innovation in these fields, we hope to encourage their involvement in practice settings beyond clinical and community.
Highlights or Club Initiatives
- Beyond the Counter Series: A series of talks inviting leaders and advocates of innovative pharmacy practice in industry, health technology, and research to share their journey, inspirations, and a realistic view of the world beyond the niche community and clinical practice.
- Industry and Health Technology Roundtable: This event will allow students to network with pharmacists in the industrial pharmacy and health technology fields.
- Industry Residency Panel: This event allows students to engage in a panel discussion with professionals in the pharmaceutical industry and learn about their journey and experiences. Students can also gain insight into the industrial residency programs and application processes by attending this event.
Benefits of Being a Member
- Members receive priority access to signing up for our events.
- Members are notified about available positions in the executive team and have the opportunity to apply for the positions.
How to Be a Member
- Sign up as a subscriber during Clubs Night
- Reach out to any of the PITECH exec team and ask to be added to the subscribers list