Pharmacy Student Positions – Costco Pharmacy Abbotsford
Costco Pharmacy in Abbotsford is looking to hire UBC Pharmacy Students (1st, 2nd and 3rd year). We offer a professional working environment, with a generous staff complement, Kroll operating system, private and semi-private counselling areas, and access to a multitude of on-line resources. We support the health and wellbeing of our patients through the delivery of annual flu vaccination clinics and a variety of health promotion clinics throughout the year.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities described below are commensurate with the training already received in the pharmacy program.
- Assist the pharmacy team in drug distribution as necessary
- Comply with provincial regulations regarding the role of the pharmacy student, but participate more fully in direct patient care
- Learn how to address common problems or issues that arise from customers and participate more fully in implementing the solutions
- Communicate with patients regarding OTC products and know when to refer to the pharmacist
- Conducting a proper patient dialogue on Rx
- Communicating appropriately with other health care professionals
- Major contributor to our flu shot clinics this fall through the direct injection of pre-screened eligible patients in our pharmacy
- Commensurate with grade level and is $17/h, $19/h, $21/h for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students respectively.
You are energetic and friendly with a desire to use your knowledge and skills in the delivery of pharmacy services to patients (within the boundaries of your training). You demonstrate exemplary communication skills and are comfortable speaking to a group or one on one. You must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Reply to “email@example.com”.