Pharmacy Intern – Walmart (Surrey)
Primary Location: 12451 88 AVE, SURREY, BC V3W 1P8, Canada
The Pharmacy Intern strives towards their licensure as a pharmacist under the guidance of their pharmacist preceptor
What you’ll do…
- Administer, support and represent the core corporate values of Respect for the Individual, Service to our Customer, and Striving for Excellence.
- Responsible for completing all requirements of an intern as outlined by their provincial regulatory body to ensure their licensure as a pharmacist in a timely manner.
- Under the supervision of his/her preceptor, utilizes unique knowledge and skills to meet patient’s drug-related needs, practices patient-focused care in partnership with patients and other health care providers, to achieve positive health outcomes and/or to maintain or improve quality of life for the patient.
- Under the supervision of his/her preceptor, practices within legal requirements and ethical principles, demonstrates professional integrity and acts to uphold professional standards of practice.
- Under the supervision of his/her preceptor, the intern identifies, evaluates, interprets and provides appropriate drug and pharmacy practice information to achieve safe and effective patient care.
- Under the supervision of his/her preceptor, communicates and educates to provide optimal patient care and promote health while respecting patient’s right to confidentiality.
- In collaboration with the designated pharmacy manager and his/her preceptor, the intern adheres to the drug distribution protocols of the pharmacy to ensure safety, accuracy and quality of supplied products.
- In collaboration with the designated pharmacy manager and his/her preceptor, the intern adheres to Company operational metrics and expectations.
- Age – 16 or older
**Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.**