Pharmacy manager, Pharmacist – Corning drugs
CORNING DRUGS IS A LOCALLY OWNED PHARMACY THAT HAS BEEN SERVICING THE LOCAL COMMUNITY FOR 50 YEARS AND COUNTING. WE ARE BASED IN CHINATOWN, VANCOUVER AND ARE KNOWN FOR OUR FRIENDLY AND EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE.
We believe in going the extra mile to assist our patients with their health and medication needs. Serving the community is our top priority. At Corning, we highly value teamwork and support each other in order to deliver the best service possible to our patients.
- Extended Health, Medication, Dental, and Vision coverage
- BC College of Pharmacists fees and liability insurance
- No prescription quotas
- Earn bonuses semi-annually
- No Sundays or holidays
- No weeknights
- Hourly wage ranges from $50-$60 based on experience
- Signing Bonus
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SKILLED PHARMACY MANAGER AND STAFF PHARMACIST TO PROVIDE CARE TO THE PATIENTS/COMMUNITY THAT WE SERVE. THESE POSITIONS ARE FULL-TIME IN VANCOUVER, BC.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Accept prescriptions and/or refill requests and ensure that they are dispensed accurately and effectively.
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records.
- Provide consultation on medication information and advice regarding administration, usage, indications, contra-indications, drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper storage.
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Compliance with all Federal & Provincial legislation.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act.
- Experience in retail pharmaceutical systems and dispensing procedures.
- Good working knowledge of BC Pharmacare and Third-Party billing policies, including follow up and collection.
- Medication Review
- No Methadone or OAT
Abilities/ Skill Sets:
- Clear communication (written and verbal)
- Able to speak conversational Cantonese
- Strong listening skills
- Maintain positive attitude
- Excellent time management & organization skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Presents a clean and professional image
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Participates in self-development activities related to current job function or future career growth
- Must be in good standing with the BC College of Pharmacists
- Injection Certification
- Current First Aid
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit resume and cover letter to: David Wong at DAVWONG14@GMAIL.COM