Pharmacist – yYoung
yYoung is a locally owned pharmacy in Vancouver that values community, communication, and supporting one another to succeed. We encourage advancement opportunities from within and believe in an open door policy to help implement changes when needed. Other benefits include:
- Extended Health, Medication, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Assisting staff with a contribution towards their BC College of Pharmacists fees and liability insurance
- No prescription quotas
- Potential to earn bonuses
- Multiple pharmacists always on shift
- Flexible schedule
- Hourly wage ranges from $42-$50 based on experience
We are currently looking for a skilled Pharmacist to provide care to the patients/community that we serve. This position is full-time, and shifts will be rotated between our two pharmacies in Vancouver, BC.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Accepting prescriptions or refill requests and ensuring that they are dispensed accurately and effectively.
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records.
- Providing consultation on medication information and advice regarding administration, usage, indications, contra-indications, drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper storage.
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Compliance with all Federal & Provincial legislation.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act.
- Experience in retail pharmaceutical systems and dispensing procedures.
- Good working knowledge of BC Pharmacare and Third-Party billing policies, including follow up and collection.
Abilities/ Skill Sets:
- Clear communication (written and verbal), strong listening skills, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent time management capabilities, organization, and flexibility.
- Exceptional customer service experience.
- Presents a clean and professional image, mature communication style, and proper phone etiquette.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Participates in self-development activities related to current job function or future career growth
- Must be in good standing with the BC College of Pharmacists
- Injection Certification
- Current First Aid
If you are interested, please send your resume to Kathy Chuma at Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org