Pharmacist – Fortune Creek IDA Pharmacy
Fortune Creek IDA is located in Armstrong, British Columbia, situated in the beautiful North Okanagan. We are independently owned and operated, and have been proudly serving all of Armstrong and the surrounding areas since 2015.
Our goal is to provide our patients with all their pharmacy needs including Compliance Pill Packaging, Home Health Care, Medical Supplies, and even Custom Compounding that occurs onsite by our highly trained staff.
Our company culture is one that promotes a positive work environment and work-life balance. No late evenings, our store is open limited hours on Sundays (10am – 4pm) and we’re closed all holidays. Armstrong was named among the 20 best cities to live in Canada based on the low cost of living and high paying jobs (https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/news/armstrong-lands-among-20-best-cities-to-live-in-canada/). Enjoy your evenings and weekends at the lake, camping at one of the many provincial parks in the area, or spend time during the winter months at nearby Silver Star Mountain Resort. Live locally in affordable Armstrong, or nearby in beautiful Vernon.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent employee discount program. Our group of 18 stores is independently owned and operated. This means you have the ability to work with the owner and management team to quickly make decisions and resolve any issues or concerns.
At Fortune Creek IDA we are innovative problem solvers that focus on finding a suitable solution for every one of our patients. We not only work closely with traditional practitioners, but due to our custom compounding we also work very closely with the Veterinarians within the community. We provide our patients (even those with 4 legs!) with exceptional care and service.
As the Staff Pharmacist you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy including:
- Supervision of all staff, including providing guidance and direction on a daily basis.
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations and profitability of the pharmacy.
- Medication reviews, vaccine administration and other clinical services when appropriate. ∙ Working with the management team to identify strategies in maintaining the current business operations and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Managing adequate inventory levels.
- Preparation of reports for the management team
- Compliance with all bylaws of the College of Pharmacists of B.C.
The successful candidate will have:
- A license to be a practicing pharmacist in the province of British Columbia.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi task.
- Ability to build a business using community based marketing strategies.
Compensation is highly competitive and will be based on experience level of the successful candidate ($50 – $55/hr).
If you are interested in joining our team please send a resume to Chris Kooner at email@example.com.